Friday, May 29, 2009

Bitty Bowls


While playing with some cut clay shapes and creating an on the fly demo for one of my handbuilding students I created my first 'Bitty Bowl.' So what is a Bitty Bowl? My bitty bowls are small bowls in the shapes of flowers, animals, etc. that are in a bowlish shape. I use the word 'bowlish' because my bitty bowls are all round on the bottom, kinda like the weebles wobbles but not falling down toys from childhood. The bitty bowls themselves won't hold much but make a nice place to put a your rings or a chain when washing dishes or showering so they are in a safe place that you can find easily. They are food safe so you could serve a small item like a mint or maybe a hot dipping sauce out of them. You could add a few felt feet to the bottom of them and you could use them to burn incense. Or you could just sit them around and just use them to decorate a side table. My mom uses one to serve my dad's after breakfast pills to him so he can find them before leaving the table in the morn. I can think of quite a few uses for these little bowls, paper clip holder for the office, a place to stash your flash drive on your desk so its always where you can find it, fun bowl shapes to use in a centerpiece, wedding table decor or favors and so much more. They make a great gift for a neighbor, boss, or coworker and of course for yourself. Take a look in my etsy shop to find flowers, fish, bats, and stars, if you don't see a color you like just convo me for a custom order. Custom orders take about 6-8 weeks for completion.

No comments: